Wednesday, April 28, 2010

199 DUM; 2 DOT

Well, I would like to write that I had a great training day, but that would be a lie.  And my rule (now known as Rule #1), is I don't lie on this blog.  Today, I was suppose to make up for my screw up yesterday and I was going to walk 3 miles.  But work kept me late and by work, I mean me, and by late I mean by 8:15pm.  Regardless, I will have to walk that 3 miles tomorrow.

Another issue I need to address is switching my training to the early morning.  This is because last night I was all "juiced-up" and couldn't fall asleep after 12:30 am.  Why is this problem? 

This is a problem as I want to start working out 5 am.  My thought process is this will rev up my metabolism for optimum weight-loss and would still allow for me to still partake in evening activities, i.e. happy hour, working late, or other evening events (I would have written going on dates, but Rule #1 doesn't allow that).  I need to remember this a journey or lifestyle change and will take time.

Shit - that last line makes cringe and want to barf and yet I still left in. Rule #1 rules again. 

Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me. I'll train with you...albeit from afar. My goal tonight: 3 miles. I'll let you know tomorrow how that goes. Send me the registration info for the marathon. I'm seriously considering doing it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Betsy,
    I like your thought process to start a journey to complete a marathon and I want you to know that I totally feel and understand you. having a Ph.D. degree was a great achievement for both of us but we need new goals now. and I am so proud of you, that you have already started one and I am sure you will do great on this one as well :-)

    ReplyDelete